Beiträge von inirida

Hallo Robert, good info also,but yes, I have humins in solution. In the VAT where the osmosis water is "pre-prepared" for the waterchanges is a sack with peat and I also use a peat extract(from J*l) and even beech and oak leaves(buch- und eicheblatter?) leaves in one of the compartments of the filter.Also,the tank is covered for about 80%,so yes, in and between water changes there is a (very) little bit of water that evaporates. This will indeed have some influence on the µS rising a bit. But I use the same method as you; whenever my µS rises to 170-180,I also perform a waterchange of about 35-40%. Thanks for the info!

Best regards, Patrick

Hallo Andre, stones no,but in the sand("bodengrund") I think a little bit yes. But when you give food the µS also goes up a little bit,yes? And then slowly, probably very slowly, the nitrate also goes up yes ("nitratanstieg"?). This also has an effect on µS I think. And my Kh is never more than 1. Thank you for your reply.

Best regards, Patrick

Hello everybody,

I write this in English because my German is not that good(reading=ok,but writing=not so ok...) I introduced myself somewhere in March 2013 and I maybe do not post a lot here but I read here everyday. Lots of good info on this forum :thumbup: My question; I have 5 Satanoperca daemon(2/3) ranging from 16 cm to nearly 26 cm in a 600 liter tank(with some Endler guppies and one female Ancistrus sp.) I keep them in nearly pure reverse osmosis water(about 90-95% Ro water+5-10% tap water). I change water every 7-10 days(about 40%). In and between waterchanges I noticed that the µS(leitfähigkeit) rises with 5-7µS each day.Given the fact that they get some food 2 times each day(one day in the week NO food) I think this is a normal rise yes? Or too much? What do the people here,who also work with soft water,think?

Best regards, Patrick.